[Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Vapour (film still), 2015 ]
In week 5, you will present your Cameraless film project to class for critique. We will also look at the requirement for Research Essay and begin exploring the Major Project.
Practical: ‘Cameraless film’ project presentation and critique
Present your work to class with a brief introduction (or conclusion). Address the Cameraless film project assessment criteria as follows:
- Depth and breadth of research
- What have you looked at?
- What other works inspired you?
- Are there any contemporary applications of this kind of technique you found useful?
- Exploration and experimentation of medium
- What techniques have you explored/ experimented with?
- What worked well for you?
- Why did you pursue the techniques you used?
- Execution of concept
- What are the main concepts/ themes you explored?
- How have these techniques (including editing) have convey your themes/ concepts?
Invite the class to critique to your work: what is the most successful part of the work? what may need further development?
Document comments in a blog post.
Have a thorough read of the two remaining assessment in the subject:
What are the objectives? What are the requirements?
Tasks (outside of class):
- Have a look at other students’ works and comment on their websites.
- Re-read the outlines of the remainging assessments thoroughly
- Work on Research essay. Read this Blog!!