This week focus on analysing computational works by asking ourselves:
- What has been abstracted?
- What do the procedures/instructions look like?
- What final form has those instructions given rise to?
- What is the fit between the source of the abstraction, and the result of the abstraction?
Analyse the work of:
- Richard Long
- Antony Gormley
- [Antony Gormley, Breathing Room III, 2010]
[Maya Lin, Systematic Landscapes, 2009]
[Lucas Samaras, Chair Transformation Number 20B, 1996]
- [Andy Warhol, Campbell’s Soup Cans, 1968] 54